Associate to Luminar's investment team
We are looking for another shining star to the Luminar team!
Luminar Ventures is looking for an Associate to join the investment team.
Luminar Ventures is an early stage venture capital firm that invests in Nordic entrepreneurs with big global visions. The Luminar team consists of ex entrepreneurs with experience from investing in over 80 companies and additional operating experience from Klarna, iZette, Truecaller and more.
We find working alongside the next generation entrepreneurs the best job in the world. Our days are filled with challenges, excitement and hard work in order to find the best teams out there and provide the support they need. Now we are looking for you to join us in this quest.
Currently, we are hiring an Associate to join our investment team in Stockholm. We have a flat hierarchy and are looking for a motivated self-starter who can take joint responsibility for deal-sourcing, analysis, due-diligence and also support portfolio companies in any challenge down the road.
- Be involved in the investment process from A-Z, with initial focus on deal sourcing i.e. build a network in the start-up community, research deal opportunities, conduct sector analyses etc.
- Analyze and synthesize investment opportunities and present to the whole team
- Participate in DD-processes and coordinate efforts from our tech, legal, finance and team development partners
- Support portfolio companies with analyses and expertise and support the board of directors
- Interact with entrepreneurs and investors on a daily basis and be the face of Luminar Ventures at events and conferences
- Internally continuously develop processes including deal sourcing
- Also be responsible for some of Luminar's risk & compliance tasks as well as sustainability work, which are critical components of the fund management
In terms of requirements - personal drive and good fit with the team and our values is critical but we believe below factors are of importance as well.
- Demonstrate a high interest in the world of technology, entrepreneurship and digital business models
- At least bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business with strong academic results
- Conducted internships and/or 1-3 years of experience from a high-performance environment in a startup/management consulting/investment banking
- Experience from a VC, entrepreneurship or an early stage company in high growth is a huge plus but not mandatory
- Motivated self-starter mentality – strong work ethic and results orientation
- Hands-on approach to solving problems and ability to shift priorities with ease
- Excellent social competence and ability to build rapport with people
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to details and good modeling skills (MS Excel)
- Business level written and spoken English, any other Nordic language is a plus
Where: Stockholm, Sweden
When: Asap – we are meeting candidates continuously
Application deadline: Latest March 31, 2021
Application: Only direct applications here (i.e. Luminar's Teamtailor website) will be considered
The Luminar Ventures Team